The Labor and Industry Committee shall seek ways to improve the economic status of minority groups by:
- Working to eliminate discriminatory employment practices in industry and government, wage differentials based on race, unequal opportunities for training and promotion, unfair dismissals
- Encouraging greater participation in the trade union movement
- Working to end discriminatory practices in labor unions
- Working for improved opportunities in vocational and apprenticeship training.
- Working with labor to promote civic engagement.