The Committee on Communications shall:
- Seek to promote media content consistent with fundamental NAACP goals, which include the elimination of racial isolation andfear and the furtherance of multiracial and cultural understanding
- Work to eliminate employment segregation and discrimination in media industries.
- Monitor local and national media, especially advertising performance
- Endeavor to secure publicity for the work of the Branch and the Association in the local press and on radio, television and other
- Attempt to interest persons in charge of local news media on conditions affecting minority groups
- Seek to counter act derogatory and erroneous statements in local news media about blacks and other minority groups.
- Be responsible for forwarding THE CRISIS items covering Branch activities and important local affairs
- Act as far as possible as an agency for the promotion and sale of THE CRISIS. No publicity shall be released without first being approved by the Branch President.
- Meeting dates vary according to media & events