ACT-SO (Afro-Academic, Cultural, Technological and Scientific Olympics) is a major youth initiative of the NAACP to honor academic and cultural achievers at the same level as sports achievers.
The ACT-SO goals are:
- To mobilize the adult community for the promotion of academic and artistic excellence among African American students
- To recognize academic achievement among African American students in a manner commensurate with the recognition afforded athletics
- To provide and assist African American students with the necessary skills and tools to establish goals and acquire the confidence and training to make a successful contribution to society
- Avelina Holmes
- Bi-weekly on Fridays (Nov. – July)
- 7:00 p.m. at The Branch (2002 Wheeler Ave)